When it comes to carpets, grease seems to be one of the hardest stains that you can think of. You might be thinking that if its hard to remove on clothes, what more from a carpet right. Today at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we will be sharing another D.I.Y. cleaning solution for any types of grease, may it come from machinery or cooking.
Ingredients for this carpet grease stain remover are:
- baking soda
- spray bottle
- dish soap
- denatured alcohol
- wet/dry vacuum
- light-colored rags or old towels
- old toothbrush
- elbow grease 😊
Now we go to the steps
1. Begin by liberally sprinkling baking soda on the affected area, making sure to cover the stain fully. Use the spoon to work the baking soda down the carpet fibers. Then let the baking soda sit for a few minutes. After that, use the wet/dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum the baking soda from your carpet. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times until all of the liquid grease has been absorbed
2. Create a solution of one cup water, half teaspoon of liquid dish soap and 2 tablespoons of denatured alcohol. Mix the dish soap, alcohol and water altogether in a spray bottle. Test the solution first on a small area of the carpet before proceeding. Next, spray the affected area with the solution until it is fully saturated. Then let the solution sit on the carpet for 2 to 3 minutes. Use the vacuum cleaner to remove the moisture from the area. Repeat this process a few times.
3. If the grease stain is stubborn, spray the solution on the affected area in order to fully saturate it. Then use an old toothbrush to rub the solution deeper into the affected area. Make sure not to damage the carpet fibers by rubbing the toothbrush too hard. Spray the solution a few more times to ensure that the cleaning solution can fully penetrate the stain.
4. Use the wet settings of the vacuum cleaner to remove all of the moisture from and remaining grease from the carpet. Repeat these steps as many times as necessary, spraying the area, waiting and then vacuuming the liquid.
The key is to be patient and persistent when removing a grease stain from your carpet. It may take several applications of baking soda, blotting the cleaning solution, and vacuuming to remove the stain away completely.
Call us or fill up our form if you need further assistance of removing any stain from your carpet.