Looking for a natural way to clean your couch or car upholstery? Well, we got the solution for you. In fact, this will also remove stains and help sterilize your upholstery too!
Please note that:
- We have only used it on microfiber couch and in the car.
- You might want to open your windows and doors before applying this cleaner to your carpets. At first, the smell of the cleaner is overpowering, but it will smell good once it dries up
- We recommend to apply the cleaner in a small inconspicuous place first to test the surface you want to clean for discoloration because we will be working with a mild acid and a disinfectant.
Now we proceed to the ingredients:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- White Vinegar
- 5 drops of essential oil that you like
- 5 drops of another essential oil that you like (optional)
- Glass/plastic spray bottle with fine mist option
- Sponge/dish towel
Here's how we do it.
1. Put equal parts of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar and combine them in the spray bottle. Use the funnel if necessary.
2. Add 4-8 drops of essential oil in the spray bottle. The smell from the essential oils will come out once that the vinegar part from the cleaner dries up, giving it a fresh scent. Use a glass spray bottle if you will be using citrus essential oil because it might eat away a plastic spray bottle.
How to use it:
***Once again, we recommend to apply the cleaner in an small inconspicuous place first to test the surface you want to clean for discoloration because we will be working with a mild acid and a disinfectant.***
1. Spray the DIY upholstery cleaner on the affected fabric generously and let it settle for 1-2 minutes but make sure that you will not let it dry.
2. With the use of the sponge or dish towel, scrub the affected part vigorously then allow it to dry. Repeat this step if needed to remove stubborn stains on your upholstery
Want some professional help your upholstery? Give us a call or fill up the form.