Today at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we will be giving you a tip on how to remove mold from caulk that you can do by yourself. This works great for your bathroom. We are giving this tip because it is easier to clean the caulk rather than removing it.
Here are the ingredients to make the caulk mold remover:
- old toothbrush
- disposable cup
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup bleach
Here are the steps to do it.
1. Mix the bleach and baking soda on the disposable cup. You may want to do just a little at a time of each. The amounts you will need will vary based on what kind of bleach you use. The mix should look like a toothpaste so that it will stick to the moldy caulk.
2. Use the old toothbrush to apply it to the moldy caulk and spot test in on a small area first to make sure that it will not damage your tiles. If the mixture passed the spot test then apply it on the moldy caulk. Make sure it is thick enough to full coat the caulk. Let it sit for 30 minutes. You may need to turn on the bathroom vent or open the window because of the strong smell.
3. Check on the mixture and make sure that it is still fully covering the caulk. Add some more bleach mixture to the caulk if needed. Then let it sit again for another 30 minutes.
4. Once the mixture has set over an hour, use the old toothbrush to scrub the caulk for a minute or two. Then use warm water to wash away the mixture. Make sure that you get all the mixture off the caulk and fully washed down the drain.
5. If molds are still present on the caulk then you need to repeat steps 1 to 4 for the second time to get rid of everything.
Call us or fill up our form for us to further clean your home.