Imagine yourself walking in your living room and then you noticed an odd patch mark on your carpet. Then you took a closer look and... surprise, its dog urine.
We know dog urine on your carpet is unpleasant, regardless of what type of pet you have and how much you love them. Much more if you left it for too long because it can seep through the carpet, leaving an ugly stain and bad odor on your carpet.
You can hire a carpet cleaning service to sort out your pet's mess at the carpet. But to others, calling them is not an option. Also there are others who would like to avoid chemical solutions as cleaning products.
So we came up with a DIY dog urine remover and deodorizer that uses less chemicals with the ingredients readily available on any shops.
Here are the ingredients of the dog urine remover:
- 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide
- tsp of baking soda.
- 1 tsp liquid dish soap
Here are the steps to make the DIY dog urine remover:
- Pour all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir it until the baking soda has dissolved
- Pour the solution on the dog urine patches and allow it to completely dry
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any excess of the solution
Here are the ingredients for the DIY carpet deodorizer:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 10-15 drops of essential oil that you desire (this will give the desired fragrance of the carpet deodorizer)
Just sprinkle all of the carpet deodorizer ingredients on the carpet then let it sit for 15-30 minutes. And then use a vacuum cleaner to remove any excess of it.
Hope this helps and have a nice day.