Before, we gave a tip on how to remove dog urine on a carpet. Today, we’ll be giving you a tip on how to remove dog urine odor from your tiled floors. You may be surprised that we are not giving a tip on how to clean dog urine on tiles. That’s because it is fairly easy to clean liquid based dirt on tiles 😊.
Here at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we understand that after you cleaned a dog urine from your tile, the awful smell will still remain there. Dog urine has high concentration of ammonia that sticks on the tiles, causing the bad smell.
There’s a lot of cleaning materials and agents that you can use to do this. But today, we’ll be providing the cheapest… and might be the most readily available cleaning agent available in every house… Vinegar. Since dog urine has a huge amount of ammonia (a high acidic substance), Vinegar (being acidic itself) can neutralize the urine and dissolve the smell. So now, here’s the breakdown of the tools you’ll need.
- White Vinegar
- Paper towels
- Clean sponge or mop
- Clean water
And here are the steps needed to remove the dog urine odor from your tiles.
1. Use the paper towels to absorb the dog urine on the tiles.
2. Using your hand glove’s ball, you may press the paper towels to soak the dog urine efficiently. It is advisable to repeat this process using more paper towels just to remove all the urine efficiently
3. Mix white vinegar with water to come up with a solution. Then pour the solution on the spot on where the dog urine is from your tiles and wait for 10 minutes (this wait time should be sufficient to neutralize the urine odor)
4. Now take a sponge or mop to wipe the mixture after which you’ll need to rinse comprehensively with a lot of clean water.
- Do not discard the paper towels into the kitchen bin. They need to be discarded at the trash outside your house. This is to totally minimize the bad smell coming from the dog urine inside your house.
- Remember to wash the mop with vinegar and water so that the residue from dog urine and its odor won’t stick
- Do not mop the dog urine with water. Doing this will spread the dog urine odor, instead of cleaning it effectively
- Clean the dog urine with the steps above as soon as you see it. Leaving it for some time will give enough time for the dog urine to sit on your tiles and if that happens, it will be harder to remove
- Do not use an air freshener. This will only remove the odor temporarily. By doing the steps above, you’ll be removing the odor permanently.
Please call us or fill up our form if you need professional tile and grout cleaning services.