Today at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we will be giving you a tip on how to remove mold from caulk that you can do by yourself. This works great for your bathroom. We are giving this tip because it is easier to clean the caulk rather than removing it.
Here are the ingredients to make the caulk mold remover:
- old toothbrush
- disposable cup
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup bleach
Here are the steps to do it.
1. Mix the bleach and baking soda on the disposable cup. You may want to do just a little at a time of each. The amounts you will need will vary based on what kind of bleach you use. The mix should look like a toothpaste so that it will stick to the moldy caulk.
2. Use the old toothbrush to apply it to the moldy caulk and spot test in on a small area first to make sure that it will not damage your tiles. If the mixture passed the spot test then apply it on the moldy caulk. Make sure it is thick enough to full coat the caulk. Let it sit for 30 minutes. You may need to turn on the bathroom vent or open the window because of the strong smell.
3. Check on the mixture and make sure that it is still fully covering the caulk. Add some more bleach mixture to the caulk if needed. Then let it sit again for another 30 minutes.
4. Once the mixture has set over an hour, use the old toothbrush to scrub the caulk for a minute or two. Then use warm water to wash away the mixture. Make sure that you get all the mixture off the caulk and fully washed down the drain.
5. If molds are still present on the caulk then you need to repeat steps 1 to 4 for the second time to get rid of everything.
Call us or fill up our form for us to further clean your home.
When it comes to carpets, grease seems to be one of the hardest stains that you can think of. You might be thinking that if its hard to remove on clothes, what more from a carpet right. Today at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we will be sharing another D.I.Y. cleaning solution for any types of grease, may it come from machinery or cooking.
Ingredients for this carpet grease stain remover are:
- baking soda
- spray bottle
- dish soap
- denatured alcohol
- wet/dry vacuum
- light-colored rags or old towels
- old toothbrush
- elbow grease 😊
Now we go to the steps
1. Begin by liberally sprinkling baking soda on the affected area, making sure to cover the stain fully. Use the spoon to work the baking soda down the carpet fibers. Then let the baking soda sit for a few minutes. After that, use the wet/dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum the baking soda from your carpet. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times until all of the liquid grease has been absorbed
2. Create a solution of one cup water, half teaspoon of liquid dish soap and 2 tablespoons of denatured alcohol. Mix the dish soap, alcohol and water altogether in a spray bottle. Test the solution first on a small area of the carpet before proceeding. Next, spray the affected area with the solution until it is fully saturated. Then let the solution sit on the carpet for 2 to 3 minutes. Use the vacuum cleaner to remove the moisture from the area. Repeat this process a few times.
3. If the grease stain is stubborn, spray the solution on the affected area in order to fully saturate it. Then use an old toothbrush to rub the solution deeper into the affected area. Make sure not to damage the carpet fibers by rubbing the toothbrush too hard. Spray the solution a few more times to ensure that the cleaning solution can fully penetrate the stain.
4. Use the wet settings of the vacuum cleaner to remove all of the moisture from and remaining grease from the carpet. Repeat these steps as many times as necessary, spraying the area, waiting and then vacuuming the liquid.
The key is to be patient and persistent when removing a grease stain from your carpet. It may take several applications of baking soda, blotting the cleaning solution, and vacuuming to remove the stain away completely.
Call us or fill up our form if you need further assistance of removing any stain from your carpet.
Today here in Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we’ll give you a guide on how to remove a finger nail polish on a carpet.
1. Let the stain dry.
2. Try to scrape as much of the dried polish as possible by using a putty knife or any similar tool.
3. Wet the stain with cold water.
The following steps are for dark colored carpets
4. Spray hair spray on the stain.
5. Dab a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a white cloth or rag and blot the stain. Do not rub as this might worsen the stain.
The following step is for light colored carpets
4. Put acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover on a white rag or cloth and blot the stain. Do not rub as this might worsen the stain.
Please call us or fill up our form if you need more help about your carpet stains.
Having a candle wax stains on your carpet will make you think that removing it would be costly. You might be thinking that for it to be removed requires professional carpet cleaners. Here in Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we always give small tips and advise for free. So today, we’ll be giving you a tip on how to remove wax stains on your carpet without using any chemicals.
Yep, you read it right, without using any chemicals.
Now, this tip only requires 3 items. These are:
- Paper towel, old cotton towel or an old white t-shirt (because you won’t be using them again after you’re done)
- Clothes iron
- elbow grease 😊
Here are the steps
1. Lay a clean portion of the towel over the area of the carpet on where the wax is.
2. With the use of the clothes iron, iron over that area for about 30 seconds. You may need to press the iron down pretty hard. This process will transfer the wax stain from your carpet to the old towel.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the wax stain is all gone. Always make sure that you have to start on the clean portion of the towel or else it will make a giant mess. Once you noticed that the wax starts to peek through the towel then its time to move to another clean area of the towel and do step 2.
Now, it may require some chemicals for you to further clean your carpet after removing the wax. You may use one of our D.I.Y. carpet cleaning solutions for this.
Need more help on your carpet? Call or fill up our form to know more.
Let’s be honest, it’s impossible to literally maintain a carpet’s new look like you bought it from the first time. Imagine the abuse that it faces daily like dirt and spills among others. But it doesn’t mean that there’s no way for us to maintain its “like new” look. Today, we will be giving you some tips on how to treat the common problems that any carpet might have.
1. Use a D.I.Y. carpet cleaner for spot cleaning
We have posted a lot of D.I.Y. carpet cleaners that are obviously cheap and easy to make. The ingredients of making these D.I.Y. carpet cleaners could be lying around your house. Use them to clean spills and to minimize or even remove stains.
2. Use ice cubes to re-fluff carpet dents
Carpet dents usually comes from a furniture or any heavy items that compresses the carpet fibers over a period of time. You can put ice cubes on the carpet dents to re-fluff the carpet fibers. If you think that the ice cubes didn’t do the trick the you can use one of our tips from our previous blog by clicking here.
3. Use shaving cream to quickly clean up a mess
Shaving cream foam is basically a soap and it can be used to uplift the soiled mess from your carpet. Use this technique to quickly clean up a spill or spot without working it down into the carpet. Carefully lift away any residue left on the carpet, and gently work the shaving cream into the top. Be careful not to rub the mess further into the carpet pile. Let it sit in a few minutes then simply dab the stain away.
4. Use a D.I.Y. carpet freshener
The ingredients to create a D.I.Y. carpet freshener is baking soda, 1-2 tablespoons of borax, and your favorite essential oils. Mix them on a shaker and sprinkle it over the carpet then vacuum it up. Your entire house will smell great.
5. Put more cleaning effort on high traffic areas
Carpets on areas like your front door, down hallways, and stairs will show signs of wear and tear faster than the carpets of your entire house. These areas will greatly benefit from cleaning more often than other carpeted areas of the house. While most carpets need professional cleaning only once a year, carpets from high traffic areas will benefit from being cleaned every six months. Plus, vacuuming regularly and in different directions can help keep the area from becoming matted. High traffic areas could also use some throw rugs to reduce the carpet’s wear and tear because of heavy foot traffic.
Need further help to clean your carpets? Call us or fill up our form to know more.
Before, we gave a tip on how to remove dog urine on a carpet. Today, we’ll be giving you a tip on how to remove dog urine odor from your tiled floors. You may be surprised that we are not giving a tip on how to clean dog urine on tiles. That’s because it is fairly easy to clean liquid based dirt on tiles 😊.
Here at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado, we understand that after you cleaned a dog urine from your tile, the awful smell will still remain there. Dog urine has high concentration of ammonia that sticks on the tiles, causing the bad smell.
There’s a lot of cleaning materials and agents that you can use to do this. But today, we’ll be providing the cheapest… and might be the most readily available cleaning agent available in every house… Vinegar. Since dog urine has a huge amount of ammonia (a high acidic substance), Vinegar (being acidic itself) can neutralize the urine and dissolve the smell. So now, here’s the breakdown of the tools you’ll need.
- White Vinegar
- Paper towels
- Clean sponge or mop
- Clean water
And here are the steps needed to remove the dog urine odor from your tiles.
1. Use the paper towels to absorb the dog urine on the tiles.
2. Using your hand glove’s ball, you may press the paper towels to soak the dog urine efficiently. It is advisable to repeat this process using more paper towels just to remove all the urine efficiently
3. Mix white vinegar with water to come up with a solution. Then pour the solution on the spot on where the dog urine is from your tiles and wait for 10 minutes (this wait time should be sufficient to neutralize the urine odor)
4. Now take a sponge or mop to wipe the mixture after which you’ll need to rinse comprehensively with a lot of clean water.
- Do not discard the paper towels into the kitchen bin. They need to be discarded at the trash outside your house. This is to totally minimize the bad smell coming from the dog urine inside your house.
- Remember to wash the mop with vinegar and water so that the residue from dog urine and its odor won’t stick
- Do not mop the dog urine with water. Doing this will spread the dog urine odor, instead of cleaning it effectively
- Clean the dog urine with the steps above as soon as you see it. Leaving it for some time will give enough time for the dog urine to sit on your tiles and if that happens, it will be harder to remove
- Do not use an air freshener. This will only remove the odor temporarily. By doing the steps above, you’ll be removing the odor permanently.
Please call us or fill up our form if you need professional tile and grout cleaning services.
Rugs are dirt magnets next to carpets themselves. Sometimes, the abuse they face every day are even worse than the carpet themselves because they are the very first thing that a foot could step on before entering a house. So, taking care of them will be helpful in the long run.
Traditional cleaning techniques for rugs are also similar with carpet cleaning – and that is by using a vacuum cleaner. But what if you want to do a deep clean into the rug and there’s no available professional carpet cleaner around? Do not worry, Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado will once again provide a tip on how to easily clean your rugs for free.
For this you’ll need:
- Vacuum clean your rugs first
- Laundry detergent
- Water hose (with spraying attachments a plus)
- A cemented area
- A bristled brush
Here’s what you need to do.
1. Vacuum the rugs first to remove the top layered dirt.
2. Take the rugs into a cemented area on where you can lay them flat. You can use your driveway as an example.
3. Hose down your rugs until they are completely saturated with clean water.
4. Pour some laundry detergent on the rug. Make sure you only pour small amounts because most laundry detergents are pretty concentrated and to equally distribute that amount on the rug. You may need to pour a little more on the areas that do have stains and very dirty.
5. Spray water on the areas that has laundry detergents for it to create a few bubbles then begin brushing your rug with a bristled brush.
6. After brushing the rug, let it sit in the sun anywhere from 10 minutes up to 24 hours. The longer you let it sit, the harder it will be for the detergent to work on with stains.
7. After letting the rug sit in, rinse the rug by hosing it down starting at one end and working the detergent out of the rug.
8. After rinsing the rug from the detergent, roll the rug tightly to remove excess water. This will also make the top part of the rug not being exposed to too much sunlight that might result in bleaching.
9. Then find a dry area on where you can stand up the rolled-up rugs to drain and dry.
- For expensive or rugs that have rubber backing, please dry them in a shay area.
- Average drying time for small to medium size rugs is 48 hours in 70 degrees heat with 50% humidity.
10. Once the rugs are partially dry, you can open them up to finish the whole drying process. But be sure not to over expose the top part of the rug to the sun.
Please call us or fill up our form for us to help you about your carpet or rug cleaning worries.
Shag rugs are different from traditional rugs. Besides the fact that they are attractive and comfy for our foot to rest on, they do also need extra care to maintain its looks specially its soft and long fibers. And those same fibers are the ones that can easily capture dirt and dust particles quickly. Regardless if it made from wool or synthetic fibers, they will still require more frequent conscientious cleaning. It is a standard rule that shag rugs do require additional care if you will vacuum or deep clean it. And this sounds that shag rugs will require professional cleaning but do not worry, the procedures that we will be providing to you can be done by yourself. Shag rug maintenance doesn’t need to be expensive.
D.I.Y shag cleaning will require the following:
- Plain white vinegar
- White microfiber cloth
- Mop or broom
- Vacuum cleaner (hand held preferred)
- Vacuum cleaner upholstery attachment
- Dry carpet shampoo (optional)
Then we proceed on some of the procedures below depending on the shag rug’s situation.
This procedure is applicable for spills before it has the chance to set in. But you can still try this even if the spill dries out. Mix equal parts of plain white vinegar and room temperature water and pour it directly on the affected area. For stain caused by small amounts (like few tablespoons) of liquid or food, you can start by having half a cup of each ingredient to form the mixture, making more if needed. Work the solution into the stain using the white microfiber cloth (we are using microfiber cloth because it does not stain or leave traces of lint). Use elbow grease to release the stain from the fibers. Once the stain is gone, hang the clean shag rug in a well-ventilated area to dry.
To remove dirt
Take the dry rug outside the house on where you can shake it vigorously enough to remove loose dirt and dust.
If the shag rug is small enough (like 3-4 feet wide), fold it in half, face down, over a clean porch railing or a back of the chair. This is where we will use the mop or broom handle (not its other end) to whack the rug from its back side to release deep stubborn dirt from it. Just whack the shag rug enough to loosen the dirt and be careful not to damage it.
Using vacuum to clean a shag rug
We at Able’s Carpet Cleaning Pueblo Colorado do advise that using a vacuum cleaner to clean the shag rug can possibly damage it because its suction might break the long fibers. But there’s a workaround for it. You can turn the shag rug face down and vacuum its back side, keeping its fibers safe while the vacuum is doing its job to remove the dirt that got settled deep down. This same procedure will also redistribute the tendrils from behind to be fluff again. You may use the upholstery attachment of your vacuum cleaner which offers a stronger suction in a concentrated area.
Using a dry carpet shampoo
You will only use this method if the previous procedures above is not enough to clean the shag rug. But please exercise extreme care while doing this. First, you need to make sure that the dry carpet shampoo that you will use is safe for its content (because some shampoos are better for wool while others are suitable for synthetics and follow the package instruction to the letter). Then shake or spray a small amount onto the least-visible area of the shag rug. Then use a vacuum to carefully vacuum over the shampooed portion of the rug. Be extra careful when doing this. That is why it is preferred that a hand held vacuum cleaner should be used for this because it gives you complete control of it. If any fibers do break off then that’s the time you can call us to take care of it.
Please call us our fill up our form for us to clean our shag carpets.
A matted carpet not only looks messy, but it may be bearing extra dust, dirt and debris that shouldn’t be on your carpet. Do not worry, we simply need a bit of moisture, a clothes iron or a carpet rake among others to re-fluff your carpet.
Before we proceed on re-fluffing your carpet, you need to vacuum it thoroughly. This will remove loose dirt like pet dander and dust. This also helps re-fluff your carpet back up a bit, making it easier to notice which areas will need more attention to re-fluff.
Below are some ways on how to re-fluff a matted carpet.
Use carpet rake or brush.
This helps to refresh a carpet that looks old, matted down and unkempt. Use a carpet rake for carpets with long or tall nap, such as the traditional shag carpet. While a carpet brush can be used for short napped floor coverings. Run the carpet rake or brush through the carpet to help free up the debris and remove pet hair. Then vacuum it again to fluff the carpet up. Then rake or comb the entire carpet for it to be re-fluffed. To save time, focus on areas where the cause of the matting is from high traffic.
Using the moisture method
Using ice cube or spray of water can help re-fluff carpet fibers that are much more matted than the surrounding fibers. Put an ice cube on a small dent that’s caused by a chair leg. As the ice cube melts, run a stiff nylon brush to the area to straighten the carpet fibers. For larger areas, spray lukewarm water onto the fibers. Just be careful not to soak through the floor. Then run the carpet using a nylon brush to straighten the carpet fibers. You may also use your fingers or even the edge of a spoon bowl.
Using water-based DIY carpet cleaners can also be used on this technique as well. Mixing equal parts of water and vinegar instead of water only also helps revitalize the fibers and also removes inherent odors.
This is where you will use a cloth iron and works really well for areas that has very high foot traffic. Wet a white, lint free cloth, wringing out excess moisture. Turn on the clothes iron and select medium heat setting. Place the cloth on top of the matted area. Then iron the cloth gently to fluff up the matted carpet fibers. You may need to use large lint free cotton towel for re-fluffing large areas. Just be aware that you may need to moisten the cloth or towel again if you are indeed working in a large area. If the carpet fibers still look a bit matted then run your fingers or use a clean nylon-bristled brush such as nail brush through them.
Please call or fill up our form to avail our carpet repair and stretching services.
Carpets in office buildings are often taken for granted. The daily abuse that they take are obviously greater than the ones you have at home. Besides the foot traffic that they endure, you will also have to think about the dust, dirt and soil that they bring along.
Letting your office carpet cleaned by professionals has its advantages. The more you take care of your carpets, the more you’ll get out of your office as a whole.
Below are the advantages of getting your carpets cleaned by commercial carpet cleaners.
1. Less worries about sanitation.
Other than the usual dirt that your office carpets have to face every day every time your staff steps their foot upon it, the same foot traffic also carries bacteria, molds and germs with them and unfortunately, they can also be trapped on the carpet. If left unchecked, they will sink in to the carpets, resulting in allergens and some illness that will affect your staff.
Commercial carpet cleaners are equipped with the proper tools and knowledge on how to sanitize your office carpet properly. Not only you’ll be having a bacteria, germs or mold free carpet, but you’ll have one less sanitation concern to worry about by letting them deep clean and sanitize your office carpets.
2. Prolonging the life of your carpets.
Anything that is being used will eventually worn out someday and this concept also goes with your carpets. Obviously, the abuse that your office carpet has will always be greater rather than the carpets that you have at home. Instances of accidental spills that will cause a stain or any damage that might cause your carpet to look dirty and worn out will always be there.
With that in mind, this is where professional commercial carpet cleaners come in handy because they know the best ways to keep up with your carpets and making sure that it stays clean and attractive. Your carpets. In return, this will make your carpets look beautiful and for you not to worry for your carpet to fall apart too early.
3. Helps your staff breathe easier.
As we have mentioned earlier, bacteria, germs, molds and dirt do get trapped on your carpets. And once these culprits get off in the air then they can also be the cause of your office air quality to get poor. You also need to consider that indoor air quality is important especially for those employees that have allergies or breathing issues.
Once again, commercial carpet cleaners know the best practices on how to clean and sanitize your office carpets. It will really help if your office carpets get sanitized so you will have one less work, health and safety concern to worry about.
4. Makes your carpet look more attractive.
Traditional cleaning techniques to clean your carpet will never be enough for your carpet to stay beautiful and attractive. Remember that commercial carpet cleaners thoroughly know their work. And with their knowledge, experience and equipment, they will know that to do for any type of carpet to keep its look for longer. In return, this creates a great vibe and experience to your staff and for the other people working within your office building.
5. It’s essential specially if your office gets unusually higher foot traffic.
If your office staff numbers do grow bit by bit then this also increases the chances of your carpet getting more dirtier on a shorter period of time. Hiring commercial carpet cleaners will help you get preventive care and spot treating that will make your carpet look at its best again, no matter how big your foot traffic you have in your office
And some tips on how to get the best out of commercial carpet cleaners.
1. Set the best schedule for them to clean your carpet.
It might be best for your chosen commercial carpet cleaner to clean your carpet at least once a year or upwards of six times a year depending on the flow of foot traffic that you have in your office. Also, make sure that you receive a deep clean that gets deep into your office carpet fibers and for them to sanitize your office carpet. In between these cleaning schedules, you should let your office carpets be vacuumed either daily or at least three times per week. Taking care of your carpets on a regular basis will make it easier for you to preserve and maintain them.
2. Consider your budget to setup the best carpet cleaning service.
This does not mean you have to look for the cheapest commercial carpet cleaners around. Remember that the concept of “you get what you paid for” applies to carpet cleaners too. What we are saying is do your homework when looking up for the best prices and deals that commercial carpet cleaners provide. You will also need to look for commercial carpet cleaners that can do your work on a regular basis.
Paying for long term service from them could possibly give you a more affordable price. Shop between three to four different carpet cleaning companies and try to compare them from one another so that you are sure that you’re getting quality work that is cost efficient.
3. Search for commercial carpet cleaners that have positive reviews.
Sometimes, a license and experience will not be enough when hiring a professional service – same goes with carpet cleaners. Good and positive reviews from previous customers are a testament that a professional carpet cleaner does know their job and can also make a customer satisfied with their service. You can look for carpet cleaners online and check for any customer feedback from them. From there, you can see if a professional carpet cleaner is worth a try.
Please give us a call or fill up our form to know more about out commercial carpet cleaning services